In pregnancy, skin behaves entirely differently due to hormone change. You just do not know what suits you anymore. You suddenly get allergic to some chemicals and products and your skin becomes very sensitive. In this case, the products you are using should be carefully picked otherwise they can be harmful both for you and your baby.
Of course, you can not stop going outside just because you have a baby on board and you fear sun exposure. The best way to stop getting harmed by UV rays and chemicals is that you choose a sunscreen that is made just for your skin.
Here Is a List of Best Pregnancy Sunscreens for You
#1. ISDIN Eryfotina Actinica Ultralight Emulsion
The sunblock protects your skin from photoaging and sun. It helps in repairing skin damage done by pollution and the sun. It has SPF 50+. So do not stop yourself from having fun in broad sunlight.
The formula is non-greasy and paraben-free. It gets absorbed in the skin so fast that you do not need to wait long to apply your makeup.
It is best to apply it on your neck and face 15 minutes before you go out in the sun.
- The lotion is very lightweight. It spreads on the skin smoothly without making any patches.
- Since its emulsion make sure you shake it well before using it.
#2. ThinkBaby SPF 50 Sunscreen
Thinkbaby uses the water-resistant formula that us mineral-based and is for broad-spectrum. This sunscreen protects the skin from sun exposure.
The cream provided in the tube is a little thick but it spreads evenly on your skin. It has papaya smell and does not feel sticky after application.
- Cream does not feel sticky at all. It has a water-resistant formula. Which means it will not get washed off if you have been to a beach or swimming pool.
- Although the cream is well-formulated people still get concerned if they will get acne after using it.
#3. Earth Mama Organics Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 40
This product is great for sensitive skin. This sunscreen does not contain chemicals and nano-particles. The cream is also water-resistant and fragrance-free for those who do not like the smell.
All ingredients used in this sunscreen are organic. So they will not harm your skin.it contains Aragon oil that moisturizes your skin.
- It does not make you feel greasy. Moisturizes your skin while protecting it from the sun. It is water-resistant.
- Although the cream is water resistance it needs to be reapplied soon after you are out of the water.
#4. Goddess Garden Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
This is a unique formula that is a sunscreen but also a primer. It is lightweight and offers SPF 30 protection. The formula is entirely organic. It uses chicory that has buddleja and vitamin B3, it gives firmness and reduces signs of aging. This lotion is best for you if you are having trouble with putting makeup on with other sunblocks.
Sun protection also claims to reduce wrinkles by 23% in 90 days. Since this only has organic ingredients it is good for sensitive skin too.
- The formula has 19% of zinc oxide compared to other sunblocks it is high.
- It has anti-aging ingredients. But it still does not leave your skin white. It has a matte finish.
- It can be used as both primer and sunblock.
- This sunblock is a little expensive than other sunblocks.
- Sunblock is not water-resistant.
#5. Supergoop 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist
The sunblock lotion is lightweight and it is 100% mineral. It has SPF 30 sun protection. It is super convenient as you can just spray it on your body and rub it in. Initially it gives white color but after rubbing it gets absorbed and gets sheer.
This spray is perfect for any skin tone. The formula is made of rich antioxidants. It moisturizes the skin and soothes it.
To use it first shake the can well then spray it directly on your body. After spray rub it in so that your skin can absorb it.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- Easy to use.
- The smell of this product is also nice.
- It takes a while for this sunscreen to set. Otherwise, it can get a transfer to your clothing.
#6. Suntegrity Body Sunscreen SPF 30
The product is chemical-free. It is also cruelty-free and vegan. This is non-greasy and contains ingredients that are therapeutic. The formula is very easy to apply and spreads smoothly on the skin.
The formula keeps you safe from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It stops aging caused by the sun all the ingredients are natural. It does not contain any chemicals.
So it needs to be applied 15 minutes before you go outside. It should be reapplied every 2 hours if your works require being under the sun continuously.
This is non-greasy, has a nice smell. At first, it seems white but after rubbing it in it gets absorbed easily.
- This sunscreen is a bit expensive compared to other sunscreens.
- It is not water-resistant.
#7. Babo Botanicals Clear Zinc Sunscreen SPF 30
Babo sunscreen is good for every kind of skin. It has been developed keeping in mind super sensitive skin. Hence it is goods for kids and babies too.
The cream works against water and sweat for 80 minutes. It is a pretty great time period for a sunscreen to work that long in the water. Generally, sunscreens only work up to 40-45 minutes. After coming out of water make sure you reapply it though.
Directions are pretty easy to use this sunscreen. Apply it at least 15 minutes before you go out in the sun.
- It is organic and does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Smells real nice.
- Feels good not the skin.
- Can leave a white film on your body if not applied properly.
#8. Badger Clear Daily Natural Mineral Sunscreen Lotion Unscented SPF 30
This product is made of 98% of organic ingredients and clear zinc oxide. The product protects your skin as well as moisturizes it.
You can also use this lotion in a swimming pool and in sweaty days as it resists water for up to 40 minutes. This lotion is good for any age group. Which means your entire family can use it.
It does not leave your skin white after application. It is non-greasy and leaves your skin smooth. Lotion does not have any added fragrance. It can be used daily on both face and body.
- It does not clog your pores.
- Beeswax makes it a little harder to rub it in.
#9. EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44
This sunscreen is oil-free and has a tinted base. This formula protects your skin from the sun and it moisturizes it as well. It is water-resistant.
Cream will protect you from sunburn and other sun caused skin diseases. It also stops aging caused by the sun.
This product is good for any age group or for any skin type.
- It is chemical-free.
- Good for sensitive skin.
- It can resist water for 40 minutes.
- It is fragrance-free, oil-free, gluten-free, paraben-free and sensitivity-free. Some people liked the fact that it is tinted.
- The texture of the cream is a little thick which makes it harder to spread.
#10. Coola Mineral Body Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 Fragrance-Free
This cream is very lightweight. It is a mineral sunscreen that also moisturizes the skin. This cream has been made with all organic ingredients. That means bye-bye harmful chemicals.
This is great for all skin types. It does not react on sensitive skin either. These creams claim that it does not leave your skin looking white. After application, your skin will feel flawless.
Apply it 15 minutes before going out in the sun. It will give your sunscreen some time to get settle down and absorb it in the skin.
- It gives you a matte finish. You get flawless skin after application.
- It does not cause acne.
- You need to shake it really well the first time you are using it. Otherwise only water and oil mixture comes out at first.
#11. Thinksport Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+
It has been ranked number one by EWG skin deep database. This sunscreen has passed all food premium care requirements.
This sunscreen does not have any harmful chemicals in it. It resists water for 80 minutes and has the highest SPF of 50 plus.
It does not give you an oily feel, does not contain any added fragrance. Also, this product has not been tested on any animal.
This needs to be applied to all exposed areas 15 minutes before going out in the sun. if you have been in the water for more than 80 minutes or you have been sweating for that long then you need to reapply it. Otherwise, it should be reapplied every 2 hours.
- This gives you a matte finished look.
- It works great in this price compared to other creams with almost the same formula.
- If you have sensitive skin then make sure you take a patch test before you start using it.
#12. Babyganics Pure Mineral Sunscreen Stick
This sunscreen does not contain PABA, parabens, nanoparticles, phthalates or fragrance
This has been formulated with organic ingredients that are safe for the skin. You can use this sunscreen if you are in an area that is highly exposed to the sun. it also resists water for 80 minutes.
This product has been tested. But it has not been tested on any animal. It is a non-allergic and tear-free sunscreen lotion.
It is a good product for babies. But its feature makes it good for expecting mothers too. They can use it to protect themselves from harmful sun exposure. It can be used both on body and face.
It should not be applied to broken or damaged skin as it can cause irritation.
- It has not been tested on animals.
- Chemicals have been replaced with organic ingredients..
- It leaves a white residue on your skin.
#13. MD SolarSciences Mineral Moisture Defense SPF 50 Sunscreen
It feels very light on the skin. You will not feel sticky or greasy after using it like you feel with other lotions. Its light texture does not clog pores and keeps you acne-free.
Before using it shake the bottle well. After it, take out the required amount and put it on exposed areas. It is a safe and gentle cream that can be used every day.
Its mineral formula protects and repairs your damaged skin. Sunscreens reduce the risk of skin cancer and photoaging. This mixture moisturizes your skin as well.
It can be used on kids older than 6 months. It does not contain any fragrance and oil.
- It contains all-natural ingredients and is chemical-free.
- Moisturizes your skin while protecting it from the sun. lightweight.
- Before getting fully absorbed it might feel a little greasy.
#14. Bare Republic Mineral Sport Body Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
This sunscreen is good for both face and body. This sunscreen gives a nice glow to the skin which keeps it more protected from the sun’s harm.
If you like certain smells then probably you will like this product too. You can get this sunscreen in some amazing smells that could make you feel refreshed the entire day.
This does not let your skin look dull. This is free of all harmful chemicals.
- Nice smell.
- Good for sensitive skin.
- If not rubbed well it can leave white patches on the skin.
#15. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 Gentle Lotion
This sunscreen is lightweight and absorbs quickly on the skin. After application, your skin feels smooth and hydrated. This cream is dermatologist tested. It is an allergic reaction free and does not contain any oil.
It has been tested on sensitive skin if it reacts. Apply this lotion in small sections if you really want it to get absorbed well.
- The finish is very good.
- It does not react on sensitive skin.
- It is slightly expensive than other sunscreens.
Every sunscreen suggestion provided in this article is entirely safe for the mothers that are expecting. But still, we would like them to see the ingredient list and check for themselves if these sunscreens contain any ingredients that they are allergic to.
Other than that these sunscreens will not harm the skin at all. They will all protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Amazon provides these sunscreens in a great deal and sometimes they are on sale. Look for yourself what suits you well and go for it!